Thursday, December 17, 2009

H O L I D A Y S!!



Oh, I love the holidays and Christmas is getting near every minute.There are about 7 days, 10 hours, 6 minutes and 32 seconds till Christmas comes. Now, do you think about different kinds of decorations, meals and presents? Are you excited and stressed about the coming holidays? Don't worry about them because now is the time to have fun, now is the time to celebrate.

I love the Christmas spirit. All the songs, they bring such spirit in people for the holidays. In my school, yesterday and today, the teachers stood in the foyer of one of the buildings and started singing Christmas Carols. We, the students, joined the teachers in some of them (the ones we knew the lyrics). Another part of the Christmas spirit is the Christmas Tree. Have you and your family bought one? My family always buys it in the last moment but I am really excited when that happens. We take out all our decorations and "dress" the tree in beautiful toys. When we put the lamps on it, it is as if the whole tree is shining.

I expect with pleasure Christmas Eve. I want to try all these lovely meals of that night (even though they have no meat I really like them). In my country, Bulgaria, there is a tradition to put a coin in the cake and the person who gets the slice with that coin, he/she will be lucky the next year. (I have got the coin only twice and I hope that I will get another one this year) Another tradition is to go with a candle in all the rooms in the house in order to "lighten" the rooms for the next year.

Now, there are the presents. I'm sure that you are wondering about the presents of your relatives and of your friends. You are wondering what should you buy. Now I'm going to write something you might think is stupid... but it does not matter what the presents are, big or small, cheap or expensive because all it matters is that you have bought something from your heart; something that you know the other person would like even though, it is not that big or expensive.

Christmas is a holiday that represents the birth of Jesus Christ. On this day, everybody should be with their family, everybody should be with the ones they love. It is a holiday of the family. It is the holiday where everybody should be together.

I wish you a Merry Christmas!

This is the text of my most favorite Christmas Carol:

Silent Night

Silent night, holy night
All is calm, all is bright
Round yon Virgin Mother and Child
Holy Infant so tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly peace
Sleep in heavenly peace

Silent night, holy night!
Shepherds quake at the sight
Glories stream from heaven afar
Heavenly hosts sing Alleluia!
Christ, the Saviour is born
Christ, the Saviour is born

Silent night, holy night
Son of God, love's pure light
Radiant beams from Thy holy face
With the dawn of redeeming grace
Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth
Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth"






No comments:

Post a Comment