Thursday, May 19, 2011

Strangers in the streets


Indeed it is strange when you see a person just talking to himself and trying to get everyone else's attention in this way. At first sight you decide that this person is crazy and that's the end of the story.

But have you tried to figure out what has forced this man (or woman of course) to talk to strangers and walk around the city with no particular direction? I may say that I have not although I've always wanted to know what's the back story of such behavior. They must have been through a lot and all they want is to share their story with someone else, but someone else who doesn't run away as soon as they approach him.

For example, if you see a man just playing the guitar in the subway, would you just pass him with a disgusted look which shows neglect, or would you give him a coin and just stand nearby and listen to the wonderful music he makes?

Everyone has his own story and most people choose how to share it, either by playing an instrument, giving some strange speeches , singing, and a lot more. They shouldn't be considered "some piece of junk which isn't able to find a job" because they have chosen to do this (or at least some of them as there are people which are forced to do this so that they can earn some money). Who knows, they can even be managers of some big companies and this is their only getaway from the job. They might even have big talent and are just are waiting to be found.

Once, an old man starting talking to me in the underground. I just sat next to him and he started explaining me how to cook beans but, as he said, how to cook them the right way. I listened while he was telling me at what temperature it should be cooked, what should I add to make it more tasty, etc. Then he made me repeat what he said to make sure that I was listening to him and after I told him every speck of the recipe, he gave me a candy as a prize. When I got off the underground I felt so strange because of the thing that had just happened to me. 'Why did this old man start talking to me?' I asked myself. Apparently, he wanted to share something with someone and I was nearby so I was the one he chose.

It was a coincidence which made me think about people and what they want to tell. They might have deep thoughts which they cannot share with anyone and the easier way is to tell them to someone they might not even meet again. Through singing, playing and instrument and a lot more, people can share what they think without making the others around them feel sympathy for them. They just brighten people's day and in that way they both share their hidden thoughts and in the same way, make people smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment